Old 31-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Default Eeek!! What Happened to My Pond? ("The Big Dig" Continued...)

OK CP, as Ricky Ricardo will say, splain yourself! :-)

How did the pond in adding $25k to the value of your house reduce the loan
period by 10 years! If it is true, then my whole freaking yard becomes a
lake by the end of next week!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"Critical Popperian" wrote in message
Gee, CP, we didn't know you had money to spend, we could have guided you
better (read: pushed harder) if we had only known. ;o) ~ jan

He... don't worry, they gave me a royal reaming in the Watergarden
Magazine forum, laugh.

Got some of the pipe run today. Biggest problem is trying to figure
out where to put the two 4" drains given the in-flow. I've got most
of this month to try and get this stuff done so the timing is good.
We've also received huge quantities of rain, and it's now all drying
out so it's near perfect digging conditions!

As for the money, yeah, I've got a budget for the project, but that
doesn't mean I wanted to spend $1.1k on a filter But with what we
are saving by building the roof and everything, and doing it right
it's hard to argue about. We also got an appraisel on our house
during refinancing and the pond / waterfall / fence (before I tore it
down) tacked, if you can believe it, about $25k to the value of the
house and we dropped 10 years off our mortgage largely because of the
pond! I think the appraiser hooked us up because it came out so good
and there's nothing really like it in the area, so...

To all you ponders... if you do a really incredible job, it will
indeed help the value of your house.

(But if you do a crappy job.... )