Old 31-05-2003, 10:32 PM
Thomas Jacobs

Default Tomato plants / need help / fertilizer question

I am in the process of planting my yearly tomato garden, and I need
advice about fertilizer.

I've heard conflicting viewpoints about Miracle Grow Tomato formula.
Some people say that it does wonders for tomato plants and helps to
increase yields. However, I just read another post which suggested
that Miracle Grow causes the plants to produce excessive branches,
grow wildly tall, and actually inhibits tomato yields.

Last year, I used Miracle Grow, and my plants were insanely tall (some
would have reached 10 feet tall if I had let them), and they kept
sprouting branches everywhere. It makes me wonder if the Miracle Grow
was part of the problem.

I would welcome any opinions.