Old 04-01-2003, 04:31 PM
Larry Harrell

Default I'm Back...

Larry Caldwell wrote in message t...

I have to admit there's a dearth of forestry information here. I just
keep reading because there are a couple real foresters who post here.
Daniel Wheeler is a mushroom nut, but he is a congenial mushroom nut who
also reposts forestry critical news.

The political posters are fairly easy to ignore. Only a couple of them
actually read the newsgroup, and only seem to respond if you respond to
them. I don't think they have any real interest in forestry.

I've seen some banter about those cross-posters on other newsgroups.
They have several websites that post slanted articles for crossposters
to use and post to as many newsgroups as they can muster, hoping to
"flood" out opposing viewpoints. Yes, they do rarely respond and when
they do, they don't always understand what they are posting. It makes
me wonder if they aren't getting paid to post that stuff by the
bushel.

However, I do think that many of them are afraid to post here because
real foresters put up a good fight G. I've been pretty dang busy in
other newsgroups defending good forestry. I often get jumped upon by
many of the "preservationist" crowd when I defend and promote good
forestry. I rarely get concessions but, my target is not the closed
minds of the "preservationists" but the open minds of the lurkers
reading that stuff. I actually crosspost some of that stuff to here,
to get more forestry minded input.

Larry you can blame me for some of the crossposting but, what the
hey?