Old 01-06-2003, 06:56 AM
Starlord

Default Gurney's and Springhill....

That is the comapny that more or less took over the worst mail order plant place
MG, and guess what, they are still as bad.

--
In This Universe The Night was Falling,The Shadows were lenghtening
But elsewhere the Stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and

Arthur C. Clarke "The City & The Stars"

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/
Starlord's Personal Page
http://starlord-personal.netfirms.com
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com

"TMC" wrote in message
Has anyone had any experiences with either Gurney's or Springhill
Nursery? The reason I ask is that I recently ordered from both and
discovered something interesting. Both appear to be owned by the same
company, Scarlet Tanager, LLC which is descriebd by the Indiana Secretary
of State as a "Foreign Limited Liability Company" (although apparently
Springhill is now owned by a subsidiary of Scarlet Tanager.
Additionally, the service at Gurney's, at least in my case was
absolutely abysmal. I ordered over 35 hedge plants to create a border
between property lines, and was told they were all in stock and ready for
shipment. I waited a few days and removed what bordering hedges I had, to
get a jump on the arrival of the Gurney plants. Waiting over 10 days now, I
decided to call Gurney's to check the order status and was told they had
cancelled my order due to the items being out of stock! (Interestingly
enough, I got this information after they had confused the Gurney's order
with the one from Springhill!!) This was done with no notification even
though they had both my e-mail address and home address, in addition to my
phone. This left me in quite a predicament...until I searched my entire area
and found a local nursery with the same hedge as I required.
I don't think I shall be doing any business whatsoever with either
company in the future.
Just the rantings of a disgruntled customer...fwiw.

---