Old 01-06-2003, 09:08 AM
gogo

Default compost and recycling

Hi, 2 quick questions:

Monty Don showed in Gardeners' world that you can use cardboard in the
compost heap and that it even help to aerate it. I think it's a greta way of
recycling cardboard, but I was wondering if any type would do, i.e. is there
any danger of ink toxicity for "glossy" coloured cardboard?

A bit O.T. but I always wondered why we are not supposed to put enveloppes
in the paper recycling containers. The only reason I can think of is the
glue on them, but surely a glossy magazine contains as much as an enveloppe?

Many thanks

Gogo