Old 01-06-2003, 03:08 PM
kao

Default Baking soda and water, followed by...

Actually, it may work. I actually like the HD in Novi MI and I think the
people are pretty knowledgable (Not sure how much of this is due to HD
Training versus them just knowing it though).

Anyway, the acidity of the urine causes the brown spots.. much like
salt. I have spread Gypsum on my lawn and it seems to counteract it
pretty well. I also use Gypsum along the walk and driveways to prevent
issues with the salt for those of us in the northern climate.

"Sue" wrote in
:

Hi there,

happened to be in the Home Depot the other day, asked the question
about 'bare spots' due to golden retriever urinating on the grass, and
the answer was, "put baking soda on the spots with a little water",
follow up with spring fertilizing/crabgrass type ....

we'll see... *g*
SUE