Old 30-03-2003, 10:44 PM
Sue

Default Baking soda and water, followed by...

Hi there,

happened to be in the Home Depot the other day, asked the question about
'bare spots' due to golden retriever urinating on the grass, and the answer
was, "put baking soda on the spots with a little water", follow up with
spring fertilizing/crabgrass type ....

we'll see... *g*
SUE

Old 30-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Peter H

"Sue" wrote in message
Hi there,

happened to be in the Home Depot the other day, asked the question about
'bare spots' due to golden retriever urinating on the grass, and the

answer
was, "put baking soda on the spots with a little water", follow up with
spring fertilizing/crabgrass type ....

we'll see... *g*
SUE

Home Depot is a hardware store. I wouldn't put much faith in their gardening
advice. You will find this out for yourself when you try their suggestion.
It simply won't work.

Peter H

Old 31-03-2003, 04:20 PM
Sean

Sue may have been in Georgia or Texas, where HD has opened Home Depot
Landscape Supply to compete directly with the likes of Pike's Nursery.....

http://atlanta.bizjournals.com/atlan...3/daily44.html

"Peter H" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...

Old 31-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Tim Fischer

"Peter H" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
Home Depot is a hardware store. I wouldn't put much faith in their

gardening
advice. You will find this out for yourself when you try their suggestion.
It simply won't work.

Not sure about their advice, but our HD rivals the local nursery for plant
variety (but not quality). Their prices are extraordinary though, so I end
up buying what I can at HD, and heading to the nursery for everything else.

-Tim

Old 01-06-2003, 03:08 PM
kao

Actually, it may work. I actually like the HD in Novi MI and I think the
people are pretty knowledgable (Not sure how much of this is due to HD
Training versus them just knowing it though).

Anyway, the acidity of the urine causes the brown spots.. much like
salt. I have spread Gypsum on my lawn and it seems to counteract it
pretty well. I also use Gypsum along the walk and driveways to prevent
issues with the salt for those of us in the northern climate.

"Sue" wrote in
: