Old 01-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Kay Easton

Default Another "what's this?" question...

In article , Helen
writes
This tree could be a Mulberry. Sometimes Mulberry trees produce deeply
lobed leaves and display both the 'normal and 'deeply lobed' on the
same tree. I have a white mulberry, the majority of whose leaves are
deeply lobed. Mulberry trees have a smooth reddish brown bark.
Hope this is of some help.

Well the one in the pic isn't a mulberry! Leaves are far too fine
textured, and the OP is correct - the oak shaped ones are exactly like
oak leaves, and the others very like hornbeam - neither of them the
shape of either type of mulberry leaf. I haven't a clue what is going
on, always assuming it's not a hoax ;-)

Btw - black mulberry doesn't have smooth bark.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: