Old 01-06-2003, 11:56 PM
griffon

Default possible to transplant asclepias tuberosa?

There is a large patch of butterfly weed growing in a ditch near my
house and this is going to be bulldozed out in a few days because they
are building an apartment complex. The land's owner said "dig up
whatever you want" when I asked about it. I know that it has a
taproot which can go fairly deep and I was wondering if I should
expect any success at all if I try to dig it up and take it home to
stick in the ground. I am trying to decide how much effort to put
into it, since there is quite a bit of it and any I do not dig up wil
die, so I hate not to get as much as possible.