Old 01-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Experience with teak furniture

The message
from "Tom" contains these words:

I'm looking to buy a round teak table and possibly some chairs for the
garden. I don't have a clue which of the reputable manufacturers is better -
Gloster, Nova, Lister etc... Has anyone had good/bad experience with these
or others? Also discount places to buy the stuff as well.

I've had a couple of Lister teak seats for 20 years or so; they have
lived outdoors in a high rainfall/freezing winter area all that time and
are still perfect..no breakages, no rot, and a lovely silver colour. I
scrub them down with soapy water once a year and oil them occasionally
(not every year).

I bought both with a show discount at Chelsea; I expect you can do
the same at other shows.

Janet.