Old 02-06-2003, 12:32 AM
DigitalVinyl

Default brown shiny shots and rotting seedling leaf?

"SugarChile" wrote:

Should I just yank them and get rid of the fungus? There are some
other tiny seedlings in the common planter.

It's a judgment call--this is the part where gardening is an art, not a
science. You seem like a good and careful observer, which is about 50% of
what makes a good gardener. See what happens, either way, and next time
you'll be able to benefit from your experience.

Well I decided to clip the two worst rotted leaves, one on each of the
two affected plants. Since this was another rainy weekend I took the
pot in on Friday night and gave it its own incandescent grow light. I
figured the warmth with the light would be good if dampness is the
issue. My third seedling has gotten back some green-it was fading
some. It and the second one are unfurling their first true leaves. The
worst one hasn't changed much. Still yellow with spot. It may be a
lost cause. But I think the other two may be recovering. The brown
rotting has not advanced in three days. Just don't know if this will
weaken the plant for the long run.

Thanks to everyone.
DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)