Old 02-06-2003, 01:20 AM
Brian Burke

Default Desperate for tree removal help

Hello everyone.

I just moved into a house and paid to have about 12 trees removed and the
stumps ground. As I'm learning, a tree service ONLY grinds the stumps and
leaves the stump grindings behind. The guy that is doing mine said it's a
hassle for them to get rid of the stuff. I thought I would do it myself
until he told me the grindings would amount to multiple pickup truck loads
(These were huge pine trees). He also said that the grindings must be moved
before it rains because rain will cause them to solidify and become like
concrete. He said he can remove them, but will charge me as much as he did
for each stump which is a total of $850.

Any input and/or suggestions on this is appreciated. I can't use the stuff
as mulch because it's just way too much and I don't have access to a pickup
truck.

Thanks.

Brian