Old 02-06-2003, 01:56 AM
Russ and Cathy

Default Answer: Ducks, Witches, Wood and my VF liner

"Mary Alice Kropp" wrote in message
t...
Witches float?

Actually, no---

Sir Bedeve There are ways of telling whether she is a witch.
Peasant 1: Are there? Oh well, tell us!
Sir Bedeve Tell me. What do you do with witches?
Peasant 1: Burn them!
Sir Bedeve And what do you burn, apart from witches?
Peasant 1: More witches!
Peasant 2: Wood!
Sir Bedeve Correct. Now, why do witches burn?
Peasant 3: ...because they're made of... wood?
Sir Bedeve Good. So how do you tell whether she is made of wood?
Peasant 1: Build a bridge out of her!
Sir Bedeve But don't we also build bridges out of stone?
Peasant 1: Oh yeah.
Sir Bedeve Now, does wood float in water?
Peasant 1: No, no... Throw her into the pond!
Sir Bedeve No, no. What else floats in water?
Peasant 1: Bread!
Peasant 2: Apples!
Peasant 3: Very small rocks!
Peasant 2: Cherries! Great lumpy gravy!
Peasant 3: Crutches!
King Arthur: A Duck!
Sir Bedeve Exactly!
(Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Yeah, yeah, too much time on my hands....
Back to tossing witches in the pond..... (Unfortunately, I have no ducks)

-Mak
http://www.thirtytwopaws.com/mak
Updates 5/04/03

Testosterone is a great equalizer. It turns all men into morons.
- Giles, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Pack

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
-- Vince Lombardi

lol
Cathy