Old 02-06-2003, 04:08 AM
montana

Default Grape Flowers

In article ,
"Dwayne" wrote:

Do you know what kind of grape you have? In the South, some grapes need a
"male" and a "female". Muscadines grow wild in most of the south and wont
do any good unless you have two. They sell some that are "self
pollinating". Usually northern grapes dont have this problem.

Dwayne

We're in the north and I know these vines have provided grapes for a
previous owner. I have no idea what kind of grapes they are. Can you
tell such a thing before you actually have grapes? (Hate to be so
uninformed, but I *really* know nothing about grapes, no matter how much
I try reading about them.) I've never had anyone in my life grow grapes,
except my MIL (when she was too young to pay attention).

The good news is that there are two vines in close proximity, so if we
need two, we have them...