Old 02-06-2003, 06:56 AM
Flossie

Default My Lavender Plants won't flower

Hi Scott
Mine were exactly the same.... I had them in a couple of years and although
the growth is healthy and luxurious I had not a single flower. Granted they
didnt get much sun, one day a large gum tree in my front yard fell down and
suddenly my lavender plants got a lot more sun, they all suddenly burst into
flower for about a week or twoo weeks.... then nothing. They are back to
just being foliage plants. I have been told by a couple of people that
perhaps they are too young to flower yet... but I dont know how age and
flowering goes together.

Id be most interested to see what replies you get here as we seem to have
the same problem.

Im in southern WA, maybe its a soil thing.

Floss
"Scott Lindsay" wrote in message
Hi

I have quite a few lavender plants in my garden, they get plenty of water,
sun and nutrients, however they have never flowered - what am I doing

wrong,
I have given them a prune to see if that would help but nothing - can you
offer any advice?

Thanks