Old 02-06-2003, 10:44 AM
A.Malhotra

Default Experience with teak furniture

Tom wrote:

I'm looking to buy a round teak table and possibly some chairs for the
garden. I don't have a clue which of the reputable manufacturers is better -
Gloster, Nova, Lister etc... Has anyone had good/bad experience with these
or others? Also discount places to buy the stuff as well.
Thanks
Tom

I bought my teak furniture from the Indian Ocean Trading Co. and am very
pleased with the quality. The table stays outside all the time, uncovered,
in Wales. After the very wet autumn/winter we had a couple of years ago, I
had to scrub it down (because it was covered in green algae) and re-oil it,
but after normal winters its fine. Try and make sure the company can
demonstrate that its plantation-grown teak.
Anita