Old 02-06-2003, 11:56 AM
Neil

Default propagating Rose of Sharon

I'll have to look around, but i don't recall seeing anything growing around
the
base of the plant. Is it possible I have some sort of seedless variety?

"GrampysGurl" wrote in message

I have a lovely Rose of Sharon bush and I'd like more. Supposedly this
thing is easy to propagate. What is the best way to start a new plant now
(spring).

On a related note, I believe one of my gardening books mentioned that it

can
be propagated from cuttings. What exactly does that entail? Do I just cut
off a branch
and stick it in the ground?

Neil

If it went to seed last year you should be seeing seedlings underneath.

They
seed like mad here in Connecticut.