Old 02-06-2003, 03:45 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Yo! math wiz help, please!

Thanks Jan! I thought that's what it was, but I needed to make sure. It gets
confusing when your tests are in "ppm", but the "cure" is in mg/l . . . it
would have been so much simpler if they had just put in in parenthesis or
something! Thank your hubby for me!

Lee

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Lee, Hope this helps, I asked DH the chemist and this is the answer I got:

My question to him (via our intra-net) does ppm = mg/l?

His Answer: A liter is 1000mL and there is 1000 milligrams in a gram.

1000
x 1000 = 1000000 or a million, so part per million. That is how I

remember.

Like a simple yes would not have sufficed here!? I guess I should mention
to him that he didn't need to send me a "memory aid" that's what I keep

him
around for, to answer these types of questions...... and move the heavy
stuff. ;o) ~ jan

On 29 May 2003 06:57:08 -0500, "Lee Brouillet" wrote:

Jan: I purchased the ChlorAm-X from AES, but if you do a search, I know
there are several other places that are selling it, too.

The info on doseage is not "quite" what I was looking for: the

instructions
on the ChlorAm-X use mg/l, but my test kit uses ppm. I "think" that ppm
equates to mg/l . . . that's what I need to know. The amount to use I can
deal with, I just need to verify that ppm=mg/l. Of course, with this

stuff,
you really can't overdose, but I don't want to "under"dose either!

Lee

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
.. .
On 28 May 2003 08:11:14 -0500, "Lee Brouillet" wrote:

Lee, you are in luck, having some minor water quality issues I had to

check
with my fellow KHA on dosing w/AmQuel. 1 Tablespoon treats 125 gallons

for
1ppm ammonia.

Thanks for the info on the patent expiration, will really help all of

us
have this product on hand in case of emergencies and pH crashes.

Where did you purchase it from? ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~