Old 02-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Penny Morgan

Default Ferns in sun

It depends on what zone you're in. Are you in the deep south or the north?
In the north, you could probably get away with just about any fern in
morning sun and afternoon shade. I am in zone 7b (NC) and have Boston Ferns
in direct sun until about 1:00 pm. I also have Holly Ferns, Japanese
Painted Ferns, and Soft Shield Ferns in sun for most of the morning without
any problems. Just make sure to keep them watered. If you're in a hotter
climate, I would recommend you talk with a local garden center or
cooperative extension in your area to find out what will survive those
conditions. The best answers usually come from local sources.

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina
"EBG" wrote in message
Are there any ferns that can take full morning sun from 7am to noon and do
well?

Thanks