Old 02-06-2003, 07:08 PM
dave weil

Default June 1st...

On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 16:43:52 GMT, (Shiva) wrote:

On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 20:44:28 GMT, "Snooze"
wrote:

Floating in a pool of raid?

No, Dave drowns his JB in a bucket. Less toxic, just as lethal.

Actually a cut glass crystal tumbler in this case with a lethal mix of
water and Dawn dishwashing liquid.

My favorite is the superman beetle or roach that
can continue to walk about, despite leaving a trail of foaming raid behind
it.

Euuueeww, ICK.

You're a BOY, aren't you?

;0)

Sameer

Either that or that little bespeckled girl on the Comcast commercial
who's into bugs (you know the one - "This is the thorax". 'I'm veeeery
passsssssionate").

So far, I've only found 2 Japanese beetles. The grub treatment seems
to have worked so far, as I remember being totally infested from day
one. I expect to see more from the neighborhood though as time goes
on. I *do* know that I had grubs everywhere I used to dig, so,
hopefully, I've put a dent in the population.

Speaking of Ingrid Bergman g, I finally have my first bloom from the
transplanted bush. It's only about half sized, but it's perfectly
formed. The bloom is well-scented as well (was it Daniel who said that
IB wasn't very scented for him)?

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil...manJune2nd.jpg

The thing that I absolutely love about this rose, other than the scent
and the nice form, is the rich velvet texture. It really does resemble
red velvet.

And we were talking about ugly blooms recently, right? How about
Shiva's fav - Don Juan, which currently is boasting one of the
fugliest blooms ever (it *never* looked good after unfurling but it's
reached a new nadir in past few days)...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/UglyDonJuan.jpg

Just thought I'd share chuckle

I'm sure that this is just an aberration, but still...

Finally, my favorite shot from my DC trip, taken from a BMW Z3 going
70 miles an hour somewhere in Virginia, may I present my friend Mark
(Easy Rider) L.:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/Laz.jpg

Gotta love that image stabilized lens of Canon's...