Old 02-06-2003, 07:32 PM
Marcy Hege

Default Philadelphus coronarius (mock orange)

I bought two Philadelphus coronarius "Ïnnocence" last fall and haven't figured
out where to plant yet. Last fall, I did repot into larger pots. They started
blooming about a moth ago and are now just finishing up. So, they survived the
winter in pots and did flower this season.

My grandmother had one about 35 miles southeast of Raleigh when I was growing
up so they do survive in this area. I think you don't see them because
mockorange is an old-fashioned plant. I have seen them at the Farmer's Market.

Marcy