Old 02-06-2003, 07:56 PM
John T. Jarrett

Default Can You Bury Drip-Line Hoses?

"Fleemo" asked this:

Does anyone know of a length limitation in a long line of
connected soaker hoses?

Ditto that question!

And how long does a basic Wal-Mart soaker hose last if buried?

And do you snake them around the plants? Or just lay it in a straight run?

And do you place it on the dirt under the mulch or do you actually bury it
an inch or two?

Sheesh, didn't even know I had those questions in me!

Thx in advance,
John
Austin, Tex
Where we are thankful it is only 90 degrees today!

"Fleemo" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for the input here folks.

Replacing the entire system of drip lines in my garden would be a
large and rather expensive chore every season. As a gardening
hobbiest and not a professional grower, I think I'd like to try for a
"permanent" installation.

The drip lines seem to be rather finicky over the long run. I'm
wondering if I could install a series of soaker hoses to replace the
drip lines? Does anyone know of a length limitation in a long line of
connected soaker hoses?