Old 02-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Lance R.

Default Pears

"Susan Hogarth" wrote in message
news:NYLCa.7209$95.2075@www.newsranger.com...
I have a pear and an apple in my front yard, and another variety of each

in my
backyard. They seem to take turns being productive. This year it's the

turn of
the front-yard tress. These trees recive no pruning, spraying, etc. (Last

year
the backyard apple got so heavy with fruit it split :-( )

The front pear has pears in clusters of two and three. Should I cut off

all but
one in each of these clusters? Is it too late for that?

I don't think its ever too late - but it will just be more and more
pointless the older the fruit becomes. You can cut off as many as you want,
it will make the others bigger and better. Certainly cut off enough to at
least keep the tree from splitting.

Lance