Old 02-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Marty Haber

Default [IBC] winter hardiness

Your conclusions are sad but true. I picked up a Spanish fir a couple of
years ago, knowing about its marginal reliability. Still, it had a
beautiful shape ( I'm a sucker for beautiful shapes), so I bought it. It
did very well for two years. Then came the winter of my sorrow. It's still
alive, but barely hanging on.
Marty