Old 03-06-2003, 12:32 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Skin burn like Euphorbia

In article ,
Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from contains these words:

I have burnt myself on something in the garden. It is very like a
Euphorbia burn but I havnt any Euphorbia. Any ideas what it could be?

Ruta graveolens, the blue rue?

Or rather a lot of other things, unfortunately. Someone mentioned
the sumachs (including Rhus and Cotinus), but there is also Vinca,
and at the right time of year Humulus (hop). Plus grasses, for
those that have hay fever! And so on.

You may find that when the area heals, it's become sensitive to
sunlight and the itching/ blistering/weeping returns after sun exposure.
If so, keep it covered/use a total sunblock cream.

Even better, wear a loose long-sleeved shirt of the thoroughly opaque
variety! Djellabas are in :-)

I have found that such things heal faster if left open to the air,
and not anointed, but I can't guarantee that the same is true for
anyone else.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.