Old 03-06-2003, 06:32 AM
Larry Dighera

Default How to bloom my Epidendrum

On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 03:29:28 GMT, GMc wrote:

I've had this epidendrum for several years (lost the label, don't know the
name) it was in bloom when purchased with small redish flowers. It has never
bloomed since.

It seems I have tried every variable. I have split it apart and growing some
in different locations, some with more sun than others. Varying amounts of
water, etc.

We're going on 6 years now with no bloom. What's the secret? Anybody got any
ideas?

GMc

I presume it's a reed-stem Epidendrum. If so, put it where it gets
enough morning and afternoon (not mid-day sun) light that the leaves
become light green. Feed it a balanced or high nitrogen fertilizer.
Wait....

More information he
http://www.orchidmall.com/general/epi_art.htm
http://www.calorchid.com/Contents/Cu...pidendrum.html