Old 03-06-2003, 08:56 AM
Theo

Default [IBC] Japanese maples - atropurpureum

Hi Marty

MartyWeiser wrote:

-snip

with it not being red all season. I have several seedlings from a
neighbor's tree that I am starting to grow on - there is a moderate variety
in the leaves which will give rise to different bonsai.

Thanks for your information one of the first ones I had 20 years ago was probably
an atropurpureum also and had quite large leaves
again the label just said * japanese maple * and anything else
I got fed up as I knew very little about how to take care of it and it was
not growing properly
friendly
The one I have now is a test will seen within 2 years what will give
do you think I should defoliate right now ? is it still time I guess.. it is ok but
not puashing like most of my japanese maples this year( exception made to the
Trident maple)
Theo

Marty

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

--
How can You put trust in me if I do not trust in Me?
Theo