Old 03-06-2003, 12:08 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Remove 'bottom plate' from outdoor container?

Brian E. Clark said:

My wife is going to growing cucumbers in a container. It's a plastic
container with one of those integrated saucer-pan things attached to the
bottom, though the saucer can be popped off if necessary.

My question is: do we keep the pan on the bottom or take it off? With
the pan in place, about 1-1/2" inches of water sits in the pot.

I *never* use them on any of the containers I plant outside. You don't want the
plants to be sitting in water. And you don't want to create a reservoir for
mosquitoes to breed in.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)