Old 16-02-2003, 09:19 AM
Joe Zorzin

Default GPS

When it comes to computers and the net, I've been on the cutting edge- but
when it comes to GPS, I've been Luddite- not wanting to think of another
thing to spend money on that I could live without.

But, recently another forester in the area gave me a demonstration of his
GPS unit and how it can interact with the Mass. GIS Maptech program which
has all the topo maps of Mass. on CD and a fine program to view that stuff-
which is GIS compatible.

But as I look at the models available, I'm not sure what to buy. One feature
on the better ones that looks indispensable is a digital compass!

Any suggestions? Anyone using them regularly? Is GPS really as good as it
sounds or are there things you don't like about it?

I'd like to find one that will help me find beatifull, rich, available
women. G
--
Joe Zorzin
http://www.forestmeister.com