Old 03-06-2003, 02:20 PM
Shiva

Default Roses and Apples was Blackspot on roses near tree

On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 11:36:52 -0700, Radika Kesavan
wrote:

. An Apple is a Rose by just another name, isn't it. I mean, the
family Rosaceae contains both the sub-families of Pomoideae (apples,
pears, loquats, etc.) and Rosoideae (roses, raspberries, blackberries,
and strawberries, etc.) after all. In addition there are the other four
sub-families Spirĉoideae, Prunoideae, Chrysobalanoideae and
Neuradoideae, all under the family of Rosaceae.

This is part of what I had read that pnly partially stuck in my mind
and became a general notion of roses and fruit trees being similar.