Old 03-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Snooze

Default June 1st...

"Shiva" wrote in message
s.com...
On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 20:44:28 GMT, "Snooze"
wrote:

My favorite is the superman beetle or roach that
can continue to walk about, despite leaving a trail of foaming raid

behind
it.

Euuueeww, ICK.

You're a BOY, aren't you?

Yes, yes I am!

My parents own a gas station, and in the spring we have to spray insecticide
around the perimeter of the cashier's booth, otherwise the ants invade in
search of the crumbs and spilled sugar around the snacks and coffee machine.

This spring I was spraying, when a huge fly, larger then normal house flies
landed on a junction box, so I sprayed it with a squirt of malathion, except
this fly was related to the superman beetle and roaches. The liquid weighed
it down so it couldn't fly about, so it just walked about the junction box.
I waited 5-10 minutes, the fly was still alive, and walking about. So I
sprayed it until the entire box was covered in pesticide and it was now
upside down with its legs waving about.

About an hour later it was still alive, although barely. Finally I got
bored, brushed it off the box, where it met my shoe.

Sameer