Old 03-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Newbie

Hello. I just received my very first bonsai. I do not know for
sure what
kind it is (most likely a juniper), it looks like a coniferous

tree
though.

I have a question about outside placement for this type of

tree. Would a
shaded porch be okay for it, or should I find a spot that will

get some
direct sunlight. I believe it is an outside tree, but as it was

a gift
and came with no markings or books, I really don't know.

It should have some sun. Full shade will make juniper get all
leggy and spindly.

Any help/hints would be welcome, and I have already printed the

online
class from the IBC website.

That's a good start. Also, visit your library and see what they
have in the way of bonsai books. Or, better yet, go out and buy
some. We have a large book review section on our web page.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - This economy
is a wholly owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord
Nelson, 1995

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++