Old 03-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Browning, Karl

Default [IBC] Newbie

Hello. I just received my very first bonsai. I do not know for sure what
kind it is (most likely a juniper), it looks like a coniferous tree
though.

I have a question about outside placement for this type of tree. Would a
shaded porch be okay for it, or should I find a spot that will get some
direct sunlight. I believe it is an outside tree, but as it was a gift
and came with no markings or books, I really don't know.

Any help/hints would be welcome, and I have already printed the online
class from the IBC website.

Thank you.

--
Karl Browning

Fayette, Ohio (very northwest corner)

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 03-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Jim Lewis

Hello. I just received my very first bonsai. I do not know for
sure what
kind it is (most likely a juniper), it looks like a coniferous

tree
though.

I have a question about outside placement for this type of

tree. Would a
shaded porch be okay for it, or should I find a spot that will

get some
direct sunlight. I believe it is an outside tree, but as it was

a gift
and came with no markings or books, I really don't know.

It should have some sun. Full shade will make juniper get all
leggy and spindly.

Any help/hints would be welcome, and I have already printed the

online
class from the IBC website.

That's a good start. Also, visit your library and see what they
have in the way of bonsai books. Or, better yet, go out and buy
some. We have a large book review section on our web page.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - This economy
is a wholly owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord
Nelson, 1995

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] Serissa (was: [IBC] Bonsai newbie) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 08-10-2003 01:12 PM
[IBC] Newbie question Jim Lewis Bonsai 7 03-09-2003 01:42 AM
[IBC] Oaks for bonsai (was: [IBC] (newbie) burr-oak.. will it bud back? Ian Timshel Bonsai 3 07-05-2003 06:08 AM
[IBC] Repotting- Newbie question Luis Fontanills Bonsai 6 01-04-2003 07:20 AM
[IBC] Newbie with Serissa Foetida Jim Lewis Bonsai 2 10-02-2003 12:25 AM