Old 03-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Rosemary

I just acquired a rosemary with a spectacular trunk. I dug it
from an OLD garden. Simon and Schuster's Guide to Bonsai has a
bit about Rosemary. BCI's species guide does not. Mr. L's
Indoor Bonsai has a brief paragraph. Period. (So far.)

I seem to recall someone writing an essay on rosemary as bonsai
here some time ago. I didn't save it (apparently). If I'm
recalling rightly, and you're still around, how about repeating
it for us (ME ME ME). Surely YOU saved it.

I seem to recall them not liking the initial dig and am wondering
if I should keep it in a pot with its "native" soil (very fine
sand!) or whether I should plant in the ground, or whether I
should move it to a larger, shallow pot in bonsai soil.

It was in full, spectacular bloom when I dug it, but I have
snipped off all the flowers and much of the foliage (it stood 2
feet tall and 4 feet wide!) It will have to be another "live
oak" style, but a gnarly, twisty live oak.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - This economy
is a wholly owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord
Nelson, 1995

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++