Old 19-02-2003, 08:34 AM
Joe Zorzin

Default blizzard in the northeast USA

Hmmm..... Well, Larry- first time I agree with you. G I dunno, I'm not a
logger- but what you say makes sense. Perhaps they're concerned about
somebody stealing the machine if they leave it running- but that does make a
lot of sense. Of course if you quit work at 5 PM and don't get back until 7
AM- that's leaving the machine running for 14 hours. Then again, you can
just jump in and get to work. I'll mention this to loggers in my area and
see what they say about this brilliant idea. G
--
Joe Zorzin
http://www.forestmeister.com

"Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
(Joe Zorzin) writes:

Right now I have 2 log jobs going on and on both the loggers
are coming to a stop because the snow is too deep. And, they're having
trouble getting their machines to start on the very cold mornings.

You mean they shut them off? Just idle them down for the night and let
them run.

--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc