Old 18-02-2003, 03:12 PM
Joe Zorzin

Default blizzard in the northeast USA

Man, this winter sucks. It started back in October, here in Taxachusetts-
with heavy snow - then after Christmas the temperature has been at or below
zero most of the time- with frequent flurries. Now we had a blizzard last
night. Not getting much work done this winter! Oh, yuh, I can just envision
a very, very, very muddy spring season- which will shut the loggers down for
several weeks. Right now I have 2 log jobs going on and on both the loggers
are coming to a stop because the snow is too deep. And, they're having
trouble getting their machines to start on the very cold mornings.

Maybe I should have stayed in accounting. G

--
Joe Zorzin
http://www.forestmeister.com

Old 18-02-2003, 03:22 PM
BobS

"Joe Zorzin" wrote in message
Man, this winter sucks. It started back in October, here in Taxachusetts-
with heavy snow - then after Christmas the temperature has been at or

below
zero most of the time- with frequent flurries. Now we had a blizzard last
night. Not getting much work done this winter! Oh, yuh, I can just

envision
a very, very, very muddy spring season- which will shut the loggers down

for
several weeks. Right now I have 2 log jobs going on and on both the

loggers
are coming to a stop because the snow is too deep. And, they're having
trouble getting their machines to start on the very cold mornings.

Maybe I should have stayed in accounting. G

--
Joe Zorzin
http://www.forestmeister.com

I always hear this is what causes the annual spikes in lumber prices
until July.

Old 19-02-2003, 08:34 AM
Joe Zorzin

Hmmm..... Well, Larry- first time I agree with you. G I dunno, I'm not a
logger- but what you say makes sense. Perhaps they're concerned about
somebody stealing the machine if they leave it running- but that does make a
lot of sense. Of course if you quit work at 5 PM and don't get back until 7
AM- that's leaving the machine running for 14 hours. Then again, you can
just jump in and get to work. I'll mention this to loggers in my area and
see what they say about this brilliant idea. G
--
Joe Zorzin
http://www.forestmeister.com

"Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
(Joe Zorzin) writes:

Right now I have 2 log jobs going on and on both the loggers
are coming to a stop because the snow is too deep. And, they're having
trouble getting their machines to start on the very cold mornings.

You mean they shut them off? Just idle them down for the night and let
them run.

--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc