Old 03-06-2003, 11:08 PM
Scopata Fuori

Default June 1st...

About an hour later it was still alive, although barely. Finally I got
bored, brushed it off the box, where it met my shoe.

Sameer

Supposedly, you can drown a housefly until he appears lifeless, then
completely bury him a dish of table salt, and within a few minutes, he will
revive and dig himself out, to fly away unscathed.

ObRoses: No Japanese beetles yet, but I'm waiting for them, with a fresh can
of oil to drown them in. I read that you have to burn the corpses, because
if you just put them in the trash or bury them in a hole, the eggs in the
female's bodies will survive and hatch out, exacerbating the problem. I can
imagine them popping in the fire like popcorn.