Old 04-06-2003, 12:08 AM
LizR

Default I just want some grass ...

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 21:35:02 +0100, "42_Mike" wrote:

I have a large area at the back of my garden which is my land. The house I
live in did belong to my Grandma who use this plot in the war for growing
vegetables on and to keep chickens on. The plot was divided into four
sections with a grass path between them.

I bought the house and land in Jan 2000, the house needed a lot of updating
which I have been doing over the past three years, the plot is now looking
like a over grown jungle.

I would like to simply remove all the old plants, and so called grass, and
lay new grass so I can simply run a lawnmower over it.

Now I know the best way is to get a BobCat or small JCB in and remove the
top inc plants, but the only access is via a small gate, and im sorry, but I
don't fancy removing the old stuff by hand!

Is there a type of weed killer that I can pour over the plot, then I can
remove the dead plants and old grass, I can then get someone in with a
rotavator and level the land ready for the new grass.

Or am I living in cloud cuckoo land?

Hiya,

I'm a bit of a beginner too, but there is one small piece of advice I have that may
help:

1) if there are dandelions nuke them with glyphosate (glysophate?!) several times
before you even think about hiring a rotovator or a JCB. Every time you split a
dandelion root you get 2 dandelions for the price one.

Liz