Old 04-06-2003, 04:56 AM
Chuck

Default Keeping grass seed moist...

What a wonderful idea, Harold!

"Anne Middleton/Harold Walker" wrote in message
If it is only for patching purposes you could try mixing a batch of damp
soil with grass seed and place in a garbage bag and leave in the garage

for
a few days and then spread on the area to be patched......my job for today
is to spread some that has just gertminated in a garbage bag......I have
about 2 cubic feet that has pregerminated and ready to go.......this is

the
only way I do my lawn patching...saves that first few days of constant
watering....as said by others......if the seed ever dries out after having
been wetted down it is gonzo........HW.
"Chuck" wrote in message
How important is it to keep grass seed moist during the first few days

after
putting it out. I'd like to go ahead and get some seed out in the next
couple of days, but I am going to be away for a few days this weekend

and
don't want to kill the grass before it even has a chance to sprout. It

seems
to me that water is less important until the seeds actually germinate

and
sprout. Any thoughts?

Thanks!