Old 02-03-2003, 11:27 PM
~ jan

Default indoor pond plants

John R. how are your cannas doing now? ~ jan

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:23:00 -0800, ~ jan wrote:

I agree with Bonnie, I think they need a rest. Quit feeding and trim off
the taller stalks to just a main leaf or two. This will cause new stalks to
start.

This year I left mine in the garage, low light, little water. They have
just enough green starts on them to let me know they are alive, and that's
all I need to know. It's been great not caring for them. ~ jan

John Rutz wrote:
the Canna plants in the indoor pond did great but now are all dieing
i have been fertilizing with miracle gro (teaspoon) every month
same amoutn of lite and water but all are failing

any ideas as to how to keep em going till spring?

On Fri, 21 Feb, Bonnie Espenshade wrote:
My water canna is in a North facing window and I haven't
fertilized it at all. I did dose it with Muriate of Potash
once, then I decided to let it rest over the Winter.

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a