Old 21-02-2003, 07:51 PM
John Rutz

Default indoor pond plants

the Canna plants in the indoor pond did great but now are all dieing
i have been fertilizing with miracle gro (teaspoon) every month
same amoutn of lite and water but all are failing

any ideas as to how to keep em going till spring?

--
John Rutz

I'm not Porg am not am not am so
see my pond at:
http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 21-02-2003, 08:51 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

John Rutz wrote:
the Canna plants in the indoor pond did great but now are all dieing
i have been fertilizing with miracle gro (teaspoon) every month
same amoutn of lite and water but all are failing

any ideas as to how to keep em going till spring?

My water canna is in a North facing window and I haven't
fertilized it at all. I did dose it with Muriate of Potash
once, then I decided to let it rest over the Winter.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 24-02-2003, 10:44 PM
~ jan

I agree with Bonnie, I think they need a rest. Quit feeding and trim off
the taller stalks to just a main leaf or two. This will cause new stalks to
start.

This year I left mine in the garage, low light, little water. They have
just enough green starts on them to let me know they are alive, and that's
all I need to know. It's been great not caring for them. ~ jan

On Fri, 21 Feb, Bonnie Espenshade wrote:
My water canna is in a North facing window and I haven't
fertilized it at all. I did dose it with Muriate of Potash
once, then I decided to let it rest over the Winter.

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 03-03-2003, 03:27 PM
John Rutz

~ jan wrote:
John R. how are your cannas doing now? ~ jan

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:23:00 -0800, ~ jan wrote:

I cut em down and turned off the light and am hopefully letting em rest,,,,,,

,,, either that or they are dead we'll know for sure in about two or
tree weeks
as its supposed to warm up by then (pond was at 45 degrees yesterday )

--
John Rutz

I'm not Porg am not am not am so
see my pond at:
http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 19-11-2003, 02:02 AM
ponder

A lot of people have the same problem, I can usually get mine till Febuary
and then they die on me. I hae found that putting an airstone in a tub of
water and then putting the plant in works, and I through a guppy or three in
to help, the plants do need a rest, I would stop the fertilizer but keep up
the light. It is a big change to have lots of fertile water and warm water
and the outsdie conditions to come indoors. You cannot really duplicate
that.

Old 23-11-2003, 05:32 PM
john rutz

afterlast winter I have not brought any plants in, the canna and taro
will just be replaced next season. last year even with a pump gro lights
etc they all died before spring.

John Rutz

Use indoor heat on Pond MC Ponds 13 07-04-2004 03:34 AM
White Film on Indoor Pond Liner manzara Ponds 2 15-01-2004 12:42 AM
Huge Indoor Pond Tubs? Kodiak Ponds 11 30-09-2003 05:42 PM
Help request: Designing above ground indoor pond Gary Ponds 7 15-04-2003 08:32 PM
Suggestions for indoor school lobby pond? Mr CDW Ponds 3 23-03-2003 01:08 AM