Old 04-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Elizabeth

Default Water loving plants & veggies from bulbs?

Water chestnuts would grow. Be prepared to keep them from getting out of
control.
Could be onions? Garlic? Water chestnuts? Flower bulbs? The advice to wait
and see was good.

--
elizabeth, Baton Rouge, LA
http://community.webshots.com/user/elott63

"KR" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

We have a small marshy area behind our house, are there any veggies
that would grow well there? I was thinking of trying celery again...

Also, in one of the raised beds behind our house there is something
growing, just after the snow melted I was turning the soil and dug up
a couple, they haven't started growing but I guess I missed some and
they are! They look like green onions and are coming up from smallish
bulbs. They are planted in the "vegetable garden," according to the
lady who sold us the house. Any ideas as to what they may be?

Thanks!

Katherine