Old 04-06-2003, 07:20 PM
joyce ryan

Default composting

Carl,
Here's a resource I turn to frequently: http://anrcatalog.ucdavis.edu/
For specifics on composting I've had great luck following the advice given
in:
http://anrcatalog.ucdavis.edu/mercha...tid=110&step=4
which is also available in the catalog above.

Happy Composting,
Mark

"Carl e Roberts" wrote in message
I'm sure this is not the first time this subject has been discussed but
since I am new to this newsgroup I'll post it for my benefit and other
newbies...

I have two compost piles "working". I am using two plastic "rings" about
3' in diameter and about 3' high. I built the piles yesterday using
grass clippings,kitchen scraps, dirt and a few leaves. About every 10"
or so I added 34-0-0 and watered it in. I did what I knew to do but I
would like to know more about composting and the "how to's". How often
should I turn these piles and any advice,FAQ's, or URL's would be
appreciated. BTW I see alot of grass clippings bagged up in my
neighborhood-should I be collecting these for future use? thanx for your
input..