Old 04-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Tom Randy

Default Remove 'bottom plate' from outdoor container?

On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 23:28:13 -0400, Brian E. Clark wrote:

My wife is going to growing cucumbers in a container. It's a plastic
container with one of those integrated saucer-pan things attached to the
bottom, though the saucer can be popped off if necessary.

My question is: do we keep the pan on the bottom or take it off? With the
pan in place, about 1-1/2" inches of water sits in the pot.

Thanks,

Brian

I'd remove it to reduce the chances of the plant getting root rot.