Old 04-06-2003, 10:08 PM

Default Desperate for tree removal help

(Chet Hayes) wrote:
This guy is hosing you. Are we talking about just the stump grindings
or the chippings from all the trees? The removal of the tree
chippings should have been spelled out in a quote/contract upfront and
included in the cost of the tree removal. The stump grindings from 12
trees can't amount to that much and be worth anywhere near $850 to get
rid of. The trees should have been cut close to the ground, so when
they're ground down, a substantial amount of the stump is below grade
to begin with. There shouldn't be huge amounts of material left above
grade.

How much did you pay for the actual tree removal? I've had a crew of
4 guys with a boom truck, chipper, grinder, etc for a full day for
$1000.

If you haven't got an area on your property to simply move it too and
let it rot, then I'd contact a few local handyman type guys and it
shouldnt be too hard to find someone to remove it for you.

And the idea that the stuff is going to harden up with a rain is BS.

It's anywhere from $50 to $100 per stump around here. (Ohio)

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/