Old 04-06-2003, 11:08 PM
zxcvbob

Default Planting onion seeds now

What will happen? I never got around to planting them in the early spring,
and I know the seeds will be no good next year. These are cheap hybrid
long-day onions (I don't recall the variety). The days are already about
16 hours long up here. The weather is also unseasonably cool and damp,
which would be a good thing for the young onions.

I know there's no chance of getting big onion bulbs because the days are
too long already. But will I get something useful for "spring onions" or
scallions, or will they just get confused and die?

Thanks, regards,
Bob