Old 04-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Azaleas from workshop turning black

It's been a few weeks since the RIBS bonsai workshop and I
don't think our
(mine and my fiancee) trees are looking too healthy. Some of

the leaves are
turning black starting at the tips and edges and working in. I

also don't
see any new growth at all. I've been using the stick method for

watering,
but it's been raining so much I've only had to water them about

5 times.
Could they be getting too much water? The only other thing I

can think of is
they don't get enough sun. They get sun in the morning, but

only part sun
(through the tall trees behind my house) the rest of the day.

That's enough sun. Sounds to me like the soil is too wet. What
kind of soil is it?

What was done to the trees at the workshop? How much root was
cut?

How many leaves constitute "some?"

Are any leaves turning yellow?

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - This economy
is a wholly owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord
Nelson, 1995

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++