Old 05-06-2003, 12:22 AM
shannie

Default pics of our veggie plot

"H" wrote in message
answering my daft questions. If you'd like to see what it's like I've

put
some pics here, even put a pic of our first lettuce..lol

What are the buckets for on top of the poles? You appeared to have plants

in
some for one picture, but then they were empty again.

Best,

- h

We had 6 cats when we started our project, we put old plant pots on top of
the poles to stop them getting in the plot. Thats why there's no timbre on
top of the chicken wire, its wobbly enough to stop em climbing it. Then we
went one step further and put strawberry plants into them, the plants got
too big for the pots so we put them in the ground, they're just in front of
the fence now in a net cage and absolutely enormous and covered in hundreds
of flowers Our cats were poisoned and we now have a new family (I just
know Im gonna get it now, but what the hey ) of fifteen cats and kittens,
local rescue was full and thought of us The pots work beautifully, we've
never had a cat in there. In another part of the garden we have 2ltr milk
cartons cut in half, the screw top is stapled to the fence post and the
carton is screwed on and filled with water, the cats don't go over those
either and when the dogs are playing and run into the fence the water
splashes out and wets them, they don't play in that part anymore
Just our way of introducing a little harmony

Shan