Old 05-06-2003, 01:44 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Azaleas from workshop turning black

It's a premade bonsai mix, thats all I know. I don't think that
it is too
wet. On the few days that it hasn't rained the stick would come

out dry.
Should I lift them out to look at the roots?

Hard to say. Having just gone through a workshop and had half of
the rootball cut away (which may have been a bit excessive) it is
unlikely you can lift these from their pots and have the rootball
stay together.

I _think_ I'd leave them alone for now. Your trees may just be
expressing their shock at losing half their roots.

The thoughts of others would be appreciated.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - This economy
is a wholly owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord
Nelson, 1995

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++