Old 05-06-2003, 02:32 AM
Carl L Rosner

Default [IBC] Azaleas from workshop turning black

I would just add to Jim's observations and suggestions, that if it
continues to rain (like it has been doing here in NJ) to cover the soil
with Alumnum foil for at least half the time (every other day). This
wll help stopping the roots from being flooded.

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7
http://bmee.net/rosner
http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48

Jim Lewis wrote:

It's a premade bonsai mix, thats all I know. I don't think that

it is too

wet. On the few days that it hasn't rained the stick would come

out dry.

Should I lift them out to look at the roots?

Hard to say. Having just gone through a workshop and had half of
the rootball cut away (which may have been a bit excessive) it is
unlikely you can lift these from their pots and have the rootball
stay together.

I _think_ I'd leave them alone for now. Your trees may just be
expressing their shock at losing half their roots.

The thoughts of others would be appreciated.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - This economy
is a wholly owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord
Nelson, 1995

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++